Crystal's Famous the World over - Choco-Coconut Chip Cookies!
Author: Jen Standridge
Recipe type: Dessert
- Two sticks of margarine or 1 cup of butter-flavored shortening.
- ¾ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups flour sifted
- 1 package of milk chocolate, or semi-chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of coconut
- Mix the first five ingredients together very well.
- Mix the salt, baking soda, and flour together in a bowl and
- then add to the sugar mixture a small amount at a time.
- When well mixed add the chips and coconut by hand and
- make sure that is well blended.
- Place heaping teaspoons of dough on ungreased cookie
- sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 350° oven until light golden brown. (About 12 minutes)
- but every oven is different so you will have to watch them carefully.
- You may add pecans, walnuts or m&m's to this as well.
- Makes about 3-dozen cookies.