Easy Cheesy MacPotato Soup
Makes about 10 helpings.
Author: Jen Standridge
Recipe type: Entree
- 5 Large potatoes peeled and cut up in chunks.
- 1 box of thick and creamy mac and cheese (I use the Walmart brand)
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- You can also add a tablespoon of butter if you like.
- If you like lots of cheese you can add a few slices of American.
- In a large pot preferably a dutch oven or pressure cooker, place your potatoes
- in enough water to cover and 2 inches above.
- You could use a slow cooker as well adjusting the details below.
- Cook unseasoned, until almost tender.
- Add your macaroni and continue cooking until done.
- Mean while, take your cheese packet from the box and mix it will
- /4 cup of the evaporated milk, mix until creamy. You may have to
- add a little hot water. Add the rest of the can of evaporated milk, some butter,
- and your cheese sauce to your pot of potatoes and macaroni.
- Stir well and continue to cook over very low heat
- until it starts to boil again. Don’t let it boil.
- Turn off and serve with toast,
- crackers, or your favorite addition to soup.
- You can also add a can of vegetables, like corn, carrots, or peas and carrots.