EASY ZIPLOC OMELETS
This works great !!!
Author: Jen Standridge
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 eggs for every person
- Variety of:
- Onion chopped
- Black Olives
- Green Pepper chopped
- Good when you're alone or when all your family is together.
- Best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!
- Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. - Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into a large pot of rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
- Make sure the plastic does not hang over the edge, as it will melt!
- For more, make another pot of boiling water.
- - Open or cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.
- Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
- - Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets
- involved in the process and a great conversation piece.
- Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting
- the bag in boiling water while you get ready.
- And in 13 minutes, you have a nice omelets for a quick breakfast!!!