Author: Jen Standridge
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 medium size potato peeled
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Boil the potato in the 2 cups of water until done.
- You can easily poke it with a fork, but not mash it..
- Very carefully drain the water from the potato into a
- glass measuring cup, until you get ½ cup.
- Empty the rest down the sink or save for making more potato candy.
- In a large bowl, or large stand mixer bowl on very low speed
- mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and
- potato water 1 teaspoon at a time until it forms a dough ball.
- Add enough of the remaining water to make the dough
- plyable but not wet.
- Spread on wax paper, and roll out into a rectangle about
- ½ inch thick. You can use powdered sugar
- to keep the rolling pin from sticking to the dough.
- Spread the peanut butter on the entire surface of the dough.
- Carefully roll the candy length wise until you have a “log”.
- Cut into ½ inch pieces and store in airtight container.
- You can add chocolate chips or coconut to the peanut butter
- You can eat the potato with any of these…. salt, pepper, ranch dressing,
- blue cheese dressing, cheese, and butter!