Please send us some of your budget minded decorating ideas.
You might help someone who is just starting out
and doesn’t have a lot of know-how, or money!
Staying at home with your kids!
1.There are stores that have very inexpensive sheets and pillow cases. You can use those to throw over your sofa, chairs, end tables and make matching curtains! Instant color change, and very washable! (which is great when you have kids)! Make inexpensive throw pillows with the pillowcases!
2. You don’t have to paint a whole room, just to have a color change. You can paint just parts of the room, like just the lower 36 inches of a wall. Then use border, or chair railing to cover the line!
3. Just paint the insets on cabinetry! Like in your kitchen, on the cabinet doors! You can do the same thing to dressers and closet doors.
4. Use a stencil brush and stencil designs on your walls, doors, frames, or any pain table surface!
Curtain Rods or Shelf?
5. Instead of just plain old curtain rods, use shelves! Buy the type of shelf that uses wooden brackets for the shelf mount, then cut holes in them for round curtain rods to pass through. The ends on the rods will keep them from comimg back through! Measure carefully and use a hole saw to cut through both brackets at the same time, using clamps to hold them together.
6. Want inexpensive window dressings for your kitchen, bath or kids bedrooms? Take a vinyl table cloth ( you can get them in 100’s of patterns and colors for about $3.00) make sure you measure it for the right size of the window. You will also need a vinyl roller shade, also inexpensive, measure carefully, before buying so that you get the right size table cloth to use. Take the plain vinyl off of the roller and take out the “stick” at the bottom. Use the shade as a guide to cut the vinyl the same size as the shade and hot glue it to the roller, using a light line of glue along the roller. Fold over the bottom of the vinyl to make a small pocket to hold the stick just like the one on the original shade, and hot glue it also. Let the glue dry and then hang like normal. Warning, be careful when using a hot glue gun, as it can melt the vinyl. Then see if you can find a wall paper border that will match and put it up around the room. You could paint your child’s wall with blackboard paint and get them some colored chalk! Shop at good thrift stores and pick up new nik nacs to replace some old ones! Or new curtains, bedspreads, or tablecloths!
New Curtains without paying your whole months salary!
TWIN SHEETS CAN COST AS LITTLE AS $3.00 YOU CAN USE THESE TO MAKE FLOOR LENGTH CURTAINS BY FOLDING OVER THE TOP TO MAKE THE ROD SLOT AT WHAT- EVER LENGTH YOU NEED THEN USING SAFETY PINS TO SECURE OR IRON ON TAPE THEN YOU HAVE SAVED ENOUGH $$ TO BUY THE PATTERNED MATERIAL TO COORDENATE FOR VALLANCES CUT TO SIZE AND USE IRON ON TAPE TO HEM EDGES AND MAKE THE ROD SLOT. THE EXTRA MATERIAL CAN BE IRONED TOGETHER IN PILLOW SHAPES FOR COORDENATEING THROW PILLOWS. SEW OR IRON TWO SHEETS BACK TO BACK FOR A NEW DUVET AND IRON SHAPES CUT OUT OF YOUR COORDENATING MATERIAL ONTO THE NEW DUVET FOR A STYLE ALL YOUR OWN.
This comes from SHERRI REEL Thank you Sherri!