Easy Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Thanksgiving, Christmas and even New Years favorite.
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 lbs med sweet potatoes or 2 cans (l8 oz ea,) drained,
- l/4 cup butter or margarine,
- l/4 cup maple-flavored syrup,
- l/4 cup packed brown sugar,
- l/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If using fresh sweet potatoes,place in a large kettle or dutch oven pan, cover with water and cook them covered for 25-35 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain; cool slightly, peel and cut in chunks.
- Place cooked potatoes in a 2 qt baking dish.
- In a small sauce pan, combine butter, syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon, cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 min or until heated through.
- Yield-8 servings