The first time, you make this have someone handy to help you)
Author: Jen Standridge
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ½ stick of margarine
- ⅔ cup of canned evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package of chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 1 ½ cups marshmallow (about ⅓ small bag)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In very heavy 3 to 4 quart skillet or saucepan mix sugar,
- margarine, milk and salt.
- Put on Medium heat, stirring carefully, not to get on sides
- as much as possible.
- Let mixture boil for about 7 minutes, stirring about every
- two minutes.
- Get a cup of cold water, take a drop of the mixture, and drop
- it in the cold water.
- Take your fingers, and feel the drop in the bottom of the
- cup after you pour the water out.
- If it feels soft, keep cooking the mixture and repeat again in
- about two minutes until the drop makes a firm ball between
- your fingers.
- When it makes a firm ball, then turn off the heat and
- add in this order the vanilla, marshmallow, and then the
- chips quickly stirring until mixed well and then put in a
- buttered 9 x 11 dish or something about that size.
- Be very careful when you make fudge; to use sturdy
- utensils and not plastic ones, you could get hurt.
- The mixture will stick to your skin and burn you if it
- is splattered.